Apply for a WISE Grant
The WISE process
Complete or update your school’s Alliance for a Healthy Generation Assessment and corresponding Action Plan as part of the Healthy Schools Program.
After a short eligibility quiz, you will gain access to the online application.
We will inform the contact for the application of the award status once a decision is reached.
We expect all applicants to have completed or updated their school’s Alliance for a Healthy Generation Assessment and corresponding Action Plan as part of the Healthy Schools Program within the last 12 months.
For more information about AHG and the Action Plan, you can refer to the frequently asked questions about the WISE Grant or contact Beth Barry, Senior Program Manager SC at email@example.com.
Schools can apply for funding online any time before June 30, 2019. Funds will be awarded upon review of the application. Grant projects can be a maximum of 12 months in duration.
- Each school can have only one grant open at a time and only one application per school will be considered. The BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina Foundation defines a school as having one principal.
- If multiple grade ranges (i.e., K-5, 8-12) share a facility or property, but each grade range has their own principal, each can apply for WISE funding.
- Teachers or school staff must submit the application, including:
- A description of the implementation strategy or strategies to address the items within your school wellness plan and why it was selected
- A list of the proposed use of funds that is in line with the school's AHG Action Plan
- Required documents, including a project budget and a letter of support signed by the principal
- Preview the application questions.
Review and Approval
We will inform the contact for the application of the award status once a decision is reached. Grant Agreements must be signed by the school district superintendent or authorized representative.
Please note that if a grant is awarded, purchases must follow appropriate and relevant school district procurement policies and procedures, to include obtaining at least three quotes when indicated. Copies of quotes must be available for at least three years after close of grant and made available to The Foundation upon request.
Schools cannot apply to use funds for:
- one-time events
- incentives, such as t-shirts
- direct health care services, such as a clinic
- religious activities
- sports tournaments
- activities that influence legislation
If your project meets our criteria, you can proceed to the online application.