About the Foundation
We are a statewide health funder committed to improving health outcomes for current and future generations of South Carolinians.
The BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina Foundation was established in 2003. The Foundation issues grants to support projects that aim to promote the health of South Carolinians and to increase access to health care for the economically disadvantaged.
To bridge health and health care in South Carolina.
The mission of the BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina Foundation is to promote and support healthier South Carolinians, particularly the economically vulnerable, by supporting solutions to address gaps in health care and serving as an agent of change to support innovation and value-added public-private partnerships.
We have a unique position as a statewide health foundation that allows us to support select systemic population health issues and approaches across South Carolina.
- We recognize that improving health is complex; therefore, we support a continuum of approaches ranging from providing direct care for the economically vulnerable to advancing policy, systems and environmental changes.
- We prioritize efforts that will improve the health of future generations of South Carolinians.
- We empower organizations to increase effectiveness towards improved health outcomes.
- We support efforts that represent community and statewide priorities that are locally determined, culturally relevant and data-informed solutions.
- We equip our partners to connect learning to action and use data for continuous improvement.
- We are a catalytic partner, supporting organizations and programs as they gain sustainability by leveraging funds and we value innovative projects that can expand to multiple geographic areas in South Carolina.
Our staff is dedicated to the goal of making South Carolina a better place to live by improving healthcare outcomes for vulnerable citizens.
If you need to get in touch with the Foundation, you can reach out to one of our staff members directly, or you can submit a message directly through our form.
"The Foundation goes above and beyond to provide proactive and innovative support to address the critical health needs of our state."
Executive Director, South Carolina Institute of Medicine & Public Health (IMPH)
Foundation funding supported the launch of the SC Community Health Worker institute, which trains frontline public health workers.
Our health-focused grants help organizations address policies and systems to improve overall health.
See the latest news from the Foundation.