Health Priority Grants
We seek to fund programs and initiatives that are closely aligned with our five Areas of Focus.
To be eligible for grant funding, you must be:
- a nonprofit organization that has a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status as determined by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- a government agency
- an educational/research institution that is tax-exempt
Areas We Fund
1. Access to Care
- Support safety net providers to provide primary physical and mental health care.
- Implement evidence-based or innovative models to increase accessibility of health care services.
2. Building a Stronger Workforce for Health
- Support projects to increase the number of health care professionals.
- Support health care career development through evidence-based or innovative approaches to advance skills.
3. Improving the Quality and Value of Health and Health Care
- Quality improvement projects that yield cost and resource efficiencies through innovative approaches and solutions
4. Investing in the Health and Well-being of SC Children and Families
- Support projects that foster environments and settings that encourage healthy eating and active lifestyles.
- Support projects that focus on the integration of mental health and adverse childhood experiences.
- Support projects that focus on population health improvement through intentional collaboration across multiple sectors to connect the non-health factors that influence health.
5. Research/Special Projects
- Support projects to inform, influence and support our Areas of Focus and/or our Mission. These projects may fall outside of an established area of focus yet would generate value-added information relevant to the health needs of the economically vulnerable population in South Carolina.
Is your organization seeking funding for a project that corresponds to one or more of our Areas of Focus?
We have a unique position as a statewide health funder that allows us to support select systemic population health issues and approaches across South Carolina.
- We look to partner with grantees to both increase effectiveness towards better health outcomes and contribute to organizational and programmatic sustainability.
- We seek to support efforts that represent community and statewide priorities that are locally determined, culturally relevant and data-informed solutions.
- We support efforts that generate data, connect learning to action, and use data for continuous improvement.
- We recognize that improving health is complex and is influenced as much by one's environment as it is by the individual therefore we look to have an array of projects that are designed to provide direct care to the economically vulnerable and address policy, systems, and environmental changes.
- We prioritize efforts that will support future generations of South Carolinians.
- We are a catalytic funder, supporting projects as they gain sustainability by leveraging funds from key partners and we value innovative projects that can expand to multiple geographic areas in South Carolina
We have a unique position as a statewide health funder.
We prioritize efforts that will support future generations of South Carolinians.
Pee Dee Resiliency Project
This ongoing project brought two different organizations together to address Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and mental health management.