Catalyst Grants FAQs
Our current cycle is open until July 28, 2021 at 5 p.m.
Is there a maximum dollar amount for grant requests?
Yes, the maximum amount you are able to request is $150,000 per year of your request.
- Do you have a minimum or maximum grant term?
Yes, a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 3 years
- Are indirect costs allowable?
Indirect costs are not allowable.
- Are there any additional restrictions on Foundation funds?
Funding restrictions are discussed within the application steps.
Your Full Application
- When will I know the status?
The Foundation Board reviews the applications in December 2021. We will advise you of your application's status following the board review.
- Who makes the final decision regarding approval or denial of a grant?
The BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina Foundation board of directors reviews the applications and determines grant awards.
- What is the estimated start date for grants?
Grants will begin once the grant agreements are fully executed. For this cycle, the estimated start date is January 1st, 2022.