Catalyst Grants FAQs
We have three separate grant cycles that open in January, June and August. If you miss the deadline you may apply during the next grant cycle.
Is there a maximum dollar amount for grant requests?
Yes, Catalyst Grants are awarded at $25,000.
- Do you have a minimum or maximum grant term?
Yes, 12 months.
- Are indirect costs allowable?
Indirect costs are not allowable.
- Are there any additional restrictions on Foundation funds?
Funding restrictions are discussed within the application steps.
Your Full Application
- When will I know the status?
The Foundation Board reviews the applications approximately eight weeks after the application due date. We will advise you of your application's status following the board review.
- Who makes the final decision regarding approval or denial of a grant?
The BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina Foundation board of directors reviews the applications and determines grant awards.
- What is the estimated start date for grants?
Grants will begin once the grant agreements are fully executed. For the spring funding cycle, the estimated start date is June 1st. For the summer funding cycle, the estimated start date is September 1st. For the fall funding cycle, the estimated start date is January 1st of the following year.