Apply for a Catalyst Grant
The Catalyst Grant Process
Grant Cycle Begins
Spring cycle opens in January. Summer opens in June and fall opens in August.
Submit your application online.
You will be notified of grant approval after a Foundation board review of your application.
The BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina Foundation invites eligible organizations to submit proposals for a competitive Catalyst Grant opportunity centered around improving adolescent and young adult mental health. We will accept initial proposals through July 28, 2021, This will be a two-step process. After initial proposals are submitted, we will invite a selection to submit a more in-depth, or “full,” application, outlining details of the proposed program that will be due Sept. 8, 2021.
Review and Approval
The Foundation Board reviews the applications at their bi-annual board meeting in December 2021. We will advise you of your application's status following the board review.
We will not issue grants for:
- doctor, dentist or pharmacist salaries
- capital campaigns including brick and mortar establishments
- one time or annual events including sports tournaments, camps or event incentives
- fundraising events including purchase of tickets or tables, membership drives, raffles or auctions
- political campaigns or activities that influence legislation
- religious activities
- other grant-making foundations
Please review our FAQs page if you have further questions about the Catalyst Grant.